Comparison between HCSEL, VCSEL and EEL
Different from LED light sources, HCSEL laser are horizontal resonance and vertical light-emitting surface of the cavity. It has the advantages of VCSEL in overall tape-out and easy packaging at the wafer level. HCSEL laser has the long cavity length and high power of EEL.
Compared with VCSEL:
1 . HSCEL has better beam quality, better polarization and higher signal-to-noise ratio than VCSEL.
- Narrow spectral linewidth: Narrow spectral linewidth and stable wavelength facilitate effective noise filtering in 3D sensing and LiDAR applications.
- Excellent beam quality: Excellent beam quality reduces the difficulty of optical shaping.
- Excellent polarization degree: Excellent polarization degree is beneficial to sensing detection and optical beam combining.
Comparison with EEL:
- HSCEL laser has higher power, larger output diameter, and simpler manufacturing process than EEL.
- High single-tube power: Ultra-high single-tube power reduces the number of chips used and reduces costs.
- Large output caliber: Large output caliber gives ultra-high chip reliability.
- Simple manufacturing process: Simple chip manufacturing process theoretically ensures that the cost is lower than EEL.